Sunday 8 September 2013

First Ball


This is the first of I hope many posts for 'Bowling Maiden's Over' - a blog for Aussie girls working in Sport!

I am Michelle Cooling, I work in Media and Digital Marketing in cricket with Cricket Tasmania but am currently over in England working with Durham County Cricket Club as Media and Digital Manager.  I have been very lucky in getting this opportunity to work over here during an Ashes year and be part of working at a county who hosted their first ever Ashes Test match.  After hosting our Ashes match where around 150 media personnel were in attendance and traveling to various grounds including Lords, Trent Bridge and Old Trafford there is a general theme in the press boxes and that is that the majority of people are males and us girls are somewhat outnumbered!

I know that there are lots of girls working in sport and have been lucky enough to meet girls with the same passion for working in the sports industry and also through social media have met some great people with common interests. So this is where this blog comes into it......

Whilst on a train coming home from the First Ashes Test at Trent Bridge (where there were about 5 females in the press box including myself, Chloe from The Age and Roz Kelly from Channel 9), I got thinking about all the other girls I know working in various sports across the country and how some people may find it interesting to see what sort of things we get up to as part of our work.

So I have set up this blog which will hopefully give an insight and a behind the scenes look at the work girls in various sports and roles including Media, PR, Marketing, Digital, Events, Admin etc get up to.  If you would like to be featured or be a contribuor feel free to get in touch- @Shell_Cooling3.

I hope you enjoy the stories shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment